The PEPR (Programme et Equipements Prioritaires de Recherche) NumPEx(Numérique haute Performance pour l’Exascale) program, financed by the French government’s PIA (Plan d’Investissement d’Avenir), is led by CEA, INRIA and CNRS. The scientific objectives of PEPR NumPEx are:
· The development of innovative methods and software tools for future exascale machines, and new methodological approaches combining HPC, HPDA and AI.
· The creation of an engineering community to bridge the gap between digital research and large-scale applications.
This will be achieved by integrating research developments from the NumPEx program into application demonstrators covering major application fields such as astrophysics, particle physics, climatology/meteorology, plasma physics, materials physics, healthcare and engineering. The NumPEx program articulates five projects: Exa-Ma (algorithms, math libraries), Exa-Soft (programming and execution environments, resilience and energy efficiency), Exa-Dost (in-situ data reduction and analysis, aggregated storage and I/O), Exa-AToW (wide area-workflows, data logistics, security and access policies across the digital continuum), Exa-DI(application-driven software co-design and co-development, software integration and packaging, integrated software development kits).
To implement co-design and co-development processes across NumPEx, Exa-DI will create a national software development and engineering team (researchers and engineers) with multiple expertise bridging the gap between digital research and computational science and engineering (CSE) applications.
In this context, ExaDIP is seeking a highly-motivated scientific software developer with Agile knowledge willing to take on Scrum Master responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties
As an integral member of one or more co-design project Agile teams, depending on the size of the team and context, addressing computational and communication motifs, you will assume a Scrum Master role along with other duties and share responsibilities with the Agile teams for their overall performance.
· Act and operate collectively as a servant leader and coach the Agile team in self-organisation and self-management.
· Facilitate team events and processes, help refine the project timeline, and assist the team in coordinating and participating in Agile Release Train events, and meeting their delivery goals.
· Collaborate with other Scrum Masters and the Exa-DI program Manager/Release Train Engineer (RTE)
· Support Agile Team iterative execution to increase likelihood of achieving iteration goals and PI objectives and Improve Agile team flow.
· Build high-performing, healthy cross-functional and self-organizing Agile teams and help Agile teams improve the overall ART performance.
· Help educate the team in Scrum, Built-in-Quality, Kanban, and SAFe and ensure that the agreed Agile processes are followed. Help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
Required Education and Experience
· Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
· Experience working in scaled Agile software development environment and with project management tools.
· Exposure to Python, C/C++, Fortran.
· Proven track record of working collaboratively with different stakeholders, including research and software development teams.
· Ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and technically challenging programs.
· Flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Empathic, mentoring and coaching skills, and high self-motivation.
· Excellent Communication skills including written reports.
· Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experience of Agile software application development frameworks and Scrum techniques, particularly Scrum and Canberra.
· Experience/certification on Scaling Agile (SAFe, LeSS etc) desirable as well as Advanced Scrum master certification.
· Experience of scientific software development methodologies for high-performance computational science and engineering applications.
· Experience influencing cross-team and cross-discipline behavior without having formal organizational hierarchy.
Salary and Benefits Package
CDD, annual, renewable 3 years (an evolution towards a CDI is possible). Remuneration based on degree and experience, Ile de France
The position offers a very competitive salary in the French research ecosystem, indexed on diplomas and experience. In addition, the position will benefit from various advantages:
· Up to 3 days of remote work per week, and flexible organization of working hours.
· Partial reimbursement of public transport costs (75%) and subsidized catering meal service.
· Pension plan and health coverage (French social security and specific insurance) under conditions.
· Leave: 5 full weeks of annual leave + extra days off according to the RTT French law.
· Professional equipment (personnel computer, etc.).
· Access to vocational training.
For further information, please contact
In order to apply, please send a resume, cover letter, references and support letters to these contacts or apply on the website
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 45,000.00€ – 90,000.00€ per year
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Gif-sur-Yvette (91)
Job Description Objective / Purpose As a Design Engineer (Telecom), the person shall be capable of reviewing & executing Telecom...Apply For This Job
Remember the Kyoto Protocol? Would you like to make green energy available for everyone, and be part of one of...Apply For This Job
About You: We encourage individuals with disabilities to apply for all our positions. Education of the IUT or BTS type,...Apply For This Job
Job Description Job Title: Project Engineer – Secondary Location: Chennai / Vadodara Join Us! We combine AtkinsRéalis project management expertise...Apply For This Job
Job Description Summary As a Generator Design Engineer, you will work on the electromagnetic and electrical design of world class...Apply For This Job
Want to be part of creating new energy? Interested in a sustainable future? Yaskawa Environmental Energy / The Switch focuses...Apply For This Job