Job Title: Project Manager – Electrical
Job Type: Full-time
Key responsibilities include:
– Define plant-specific requirements for high-voltage substations, including individual line diagrams and layouts.
– Determine basic requirements for control and protection devices for lines, transformers, and busbars, and develop concepts for auxiliary power supply in high-voltage substations.
– Develop technical guidelines for the primary equipment of substations and their interface connection.
– Approve and review documentation for high-voltage equipment.
– Monitor and ensure quality control during the installation process of high-voltage substations and their auxiliary systems.
– Participate in factory acceptance tests and on-site operational tests for the primary technology of high-voltage stations.
– Overall control of the technical execution process, from creating tender documents to awarding contracts and accepting deliveries.
– Collaborate with project managers, prepare reports, budget forecasts, and schedules, participate in construction meetings, and award work under contracts.
– Ensure implementation of technical customer requirements and compliance with relevant guidelines and regulations, considering all safety regulations.
– Prepare and compare technical and economic alternatives, along with preparatory work for cost-intensive investment decisions.
To be considered for the Project Manager role, candidates are required to have:
– Completed diploma or master’s degree in electrical engineering.
– Several years of experience as a designer and project manager in primary and secondary equipment for high-voltage substations (up to 400kV) at a manufacturer, engineering or consulting company, or distribution or transmission system operator.
– Understanding of overall design for high-voltage substations, their primary, secondary, and auxiliary systems, as well as the high-voltage grid system.
– Knowledge of designing high voltage/medium voltage transformers, cables, control cables, and fiber optic cables.
– Experience in electrical network calculations and control and protection systems of high-voltage substations, as well as in the interconnection of transmission lines with high-voltage substations.
– Ability to determine the scope of work for high voltage substations from scratch, as well as substation expansion projects.
– Ability to lead a team of engineers for complex high-voltage substations and overhead line projects in Germany and abroad.
– Experience in project management for high-voltage switchgear and in international project implementation.
– Background in managing projects financed by international development banks would be an advantage.
– Good knowledge of spoken and written English and German; knowledge of French and other languages would be an advantage.
– Assertiveness, organizational skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a team.
– Experience in project implementation.
– Driver’s license class B.
– High level of independence and flexibility, experience in using iTWO, SAP, and MS Office.
Enpal is revolutionizing the solar energy sector with innovative and sustainable solutions. Located in either Berlin or Stuttgart, we’re scaling...Apply For This Job
Subsea 7 is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer for its office in Portugal. We are growing the Structural Engineering...Apply For This Job
Introduction Our Technology Management Department is responsible for the development of Floating Production Technology, Single Point Mooring (SPM) Technology, and...Apply For This Job
Company DescriptionVattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified...Apply For This Job
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations...Apply For This Job