Typical duties include:
Hydroelectric Power Plant Operator IIs should have knowledge of:
The ability to:
The ideal candidate will have experience with hydropower operations and electrical switching operations.
The Hydroelectric Power Plant Operator II salary range starts at $8,369 per month, increasing to $8,787, $9,226, and $9,687 after 12, 24, and 36 months, respectively.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity (including transgender status), gender expression, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age for individuals age forty or older, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veterans status, family or medical leave status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical condition), pregnancy disability leave status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and other categories protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Requirements: 1. A high school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Two years’ experience operating or maintaining mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment similar to that utilized in a hydroelectric power plant.
3. Valid California driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
4. Willingness to work rotating shifts or overtime as needed in a continuous (24/7) operation.
5. Ability to climb ladders to a height of 50 feet, work in cramped or awkward positions to repair equipment, and lift tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. To be considered under the “equivalent combination of education and experience” provision, it is your responsibility to include in your application materials written evidence of employment performed at the level of the typical duties of this position and/or coursework in subject areas directly related to this position. For more information, see our FAQ page at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-resources/job-faqs-frequently-asked-questions/.
The Selection Process: 1. Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, January 29, 2021. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
2. Candidates must achieve a passing score on each test part in order to advance to the next step in the selection process.
3. All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, with those candidates receiving a passing score to be invited to a panel interview expected to be held in March. Be aware that selection process may be delayed due to Covid related matters.
4. Successful candidates will be placed on the hiring list, based on rank, for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 to 24 months.
5. The probation period for this position is 12 months. For those holding civil service status the probation period is 6 months.
6. All employment offers are conditional, pending the results of a Live Scan background screening. All selected finalists must participate in the Live Scan background screening process to remain in consideration for EBMUD employment.
Supplemental Information: As the first step in the selection process, responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted online with the regular EBMUD application. Please provide thorough, accurate descriptions of assignments you have personally performed. Should you respond with comments such as “see application” or “see resume” instead of addressing the questions directly, your application may not be considered.
Position Title: Engineer V – Offshore Energy Research Programs (id:65562) Campus: Orono Department: Advanced Structures and Composites Center – OADCC...Apply For This Job
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Biology, or related field. One year of experience in soil, groundwater or...Apply For This Job
Renewable Energy Project Manager UK (England or Scotland) ERM has a long established presence in the UK and Ireland with...Apply For This Job
OAP Service Lead (m/f) Do you want to shape the future? Join our journey towards Fossil Free Living within one...Apply For This Job
The Big Picture: Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various...Apply For This Job
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water,...Apply For This Job