Job Description – Solar PV Installer
PROSOLAR is looking to hire entry level and skilled solar electrical system installers. Ideal candidates are motivated team players with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn and master all aspects of installing PV solar systems.
Primary responsibilities to perform project installations include:
– Will consist of working on residential rooftops as well as installing ground mounted systems.
– Assess the job site, identify and resolve any potential hazards.
– Create or interpret the solar panel installation plans, map out the steps of the installation and where all of the components will be installed.
– Assembly of mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
– Verify structural attachment in attic. (This includes tight spaces)
– Do any and all electrical work needed to connect the solar system to the electric grid. This includes proper grounding systems, controls and all testing necessary.
– Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, methodology and safety.
– Perform PV system service as required
Knowledge and skill requirements include:
– H.S. Diploma, two-year degree in technology/industrial arts (preferred)
– 1-2 years of construction/electrical background.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Experience in mechanical installations, general construction and ladder work.
– Experience with all types of hand-held and power tools.
– Basic understanding/experience with electrical wiring of AC and DC systems is preferred
– Experience working with all types of building materials – various roof types: stucco, wood, concrete, etc.
– Team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates.
– Visual thinkers good at problem solving and implementing ideas.
– Desire to learn and master all aspects of installing solar PV systems!
– While working conditions can vary depending on the specific position, this job will require you to be outdoors for extended periods of time. Solar installation and maintenance can only be done when the weather is good, expect long hours during these times in order to get as much work done as possible.
– Keep in mind that you may be required to work at heights necessary to get the work done, and that you can meet the physical demand of working on a rooftop. Additionally, solar technicians will sometimes need to work in attics or crawl into tight spaces as they will need to hook up the solar panels to the electric grid.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $25.00 per hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Requisition ID: 48558 NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from...Apply For This Job
Power Integrations, Inc., is a Silicon Valley-based supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Our integrated circuits...Apply For This Job
$34-$36/hr DOE + Equity Benefits Day 1 of employment THE ROLEThe Field Support Lead, Solar Roof will be part of...Apply For This Job
At Moxie we believe that if we have the ability to do good, we have the responsibility to do good....Apply For This Job
Descripción del empleoEditar Power Electronics is searching for new team members in order to sustain its business presence in the...Apply For This Job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com