The Sustainable Operations Program Supervisor leads the County of Simcoe’s Sustainable Operations Program that includes climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies, sustainable operations activities, green procurement, and energy management. The Sustainable Operations Program Supervisor is the key contact and liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to the program and supports member municipalities on request in their transition to more sustainable operations. Through a collaborative process involving staff, vendors, funding agencies, and consultants, the Supervisor is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a sustainability program encompassing all areas of the organization, its facilities, operations and culture. This position will also oversee the procurement of energy and provide support to the procurement and operational staff responsible for maintenance, repair and operations.
The Sustainable Operations Supervisor supervises one analyst position within the Procurement, Fleet and Property Department.
1. Liaise with senior management and corporate departments to manage sustainability initiatives in decision making and operations, maintain a strong relationship with the County’s Strategic Maintenance Team and Procurement Team in order to optimize green procurement in all operations, facility equipment efficiencies and life cycles.
2. Promote the County of Simcoe as a sustainability-aware and engaged corporation, networking with related local, regional and international organizations, actively contribute to sustainability initiatives representing the County of Simcoe.
3. Recommend policies and procedures directed toward supervision and management of energy conservation and sustainable corporate operations; develop annual objectives and strategies to support sustainability.
4. Develop and maintain systems, processes, and plans for reporting on and analyzing corporate energy expenditures, Green House Gas (GHG) inventories including carbon footprint reduction or increase and related key performance indicators, staying abreast of new developments in sustainability within the province, Canada, and globally.
5. Work with client departments to format energy usage reports, investigate building energy usage on request, analyze anomalies, and recommend solutions.
6. Supervise utility data gathering process working with Finance and the input into the County’s energy management software, creation of reports to facility managers and senior management, and oversight of reports for Provincial requirements.
7. Supervise and oversee all sustainable operations initiatives that are directed by Council and supportive of the goals, mission and vision of the County.
8. Lead the County through the milestones of the Partners for Climate Protection Program, including creation and implementation of a Local Action Plan, and report progress to senior management and Council.
9. Liaise with client departments to ensure sustainability is considered in the specification of capital equipment retrofits and replacements, capital projects, and construction and retrofit of County facilities, providing cost and environmental/GHG impact analysis where appropriate.
10. Supervise and oversee all sustainability initiatives by organizing, administering and facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings and teleconferences.
11. Lead cross corporate Green Team and provide support to other internal Green Teams on request, coordinate the collection of energy and GHG savings data derived from Green Team projects, and provide annual reporting to senior management.
12. Supervise and manage bulk energy procurement contracts e.g. hydro, natural gas, analyze hedging opportunities, and oversee contract negotiations.
13. Maintain an awareness of current energy market trends and potential impacts on the County, make recommendations on annual utility budgets and provide feedback to senior management and Finance throughout the year on potential impacts to those budgets.
14. Develop and implement promotional, awareness, educational materials and opportunities for County Staff on sustainable operations. Maintain sustainable operations web content.
15. Provide support for renewable energy projects within the County’s operations, e.g. investigate opportunities with regard to solar rooftop installations and provide analysis and business case on request.
16. Lead research into federal, provincial and private sector funding for energy and sustainability projects, oversee applications for funding, and manage progress and financial reporting requirements.
17. Ensure accuracy of GHG output and energy use usage calculations as required e.g. in the case of vehicle or equipment upgrades, and report on all savings and cost avoidance achieved by the County’s sustainable operations efforts.
18. Investigate opportunities, make recommendations to senior management and submit applications to sustainable operations recognition/award programs.
19. Create work instructions as required, develop and roll out training programs for management and staff.
20. Provide support to the County’s member municipalities and their respective Councils, County Council, senior management, staff and vendors with regard to energy management and sustainable operations programs.
21. Provide support or lead sustainable operations related projects across the corporation e.g. reduced use of plastics within County facilities and office supply re-use programs.
22. Prepare program reports for management and Council and participate in committees as assigned.
23. Monitor usage trends and user experience of the County’s electric vehicle charging stations and oversee station operations.
24. Create and issue approved request for quote and purchase order documents, utilizing approved systems.
25. Provide support with regards to green construction and green fleet initiatives as required.
26. Comply with Provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
27. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
28. Special projects and other duties as required.
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments....Apply For This Job
What will you be doing? In this project, you will investigate the noise of wind turbines. Thereto you will use...Apply For This Job
POSITION SUMMARY The Project Engineer will be responsible for overall technical coordination of projects during development, engineering and construction and...Apply For This Job
RWE Renewables GmbH, Hamburg, Deutschland (DE) To start on 01/02/2021 or To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent...Apply For This Job
We have immediate openings for experienced solar installers. We are rapidly expanding and need talented people to grow with us!...Apply For This Job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com